Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 5 - #RockYourBlog Are You a Workaholic?

Only when I'm completely in love with what I'm doing. In school I was always the teacher's pet, because I turned in assignments as early as possible. I used to ask for my assignments WAY in advance, turn them all in, and then just be truant unless I had a test. I would study at home, and then make up the hours I missed in detention. The teacher's still loved me, and when I was in class I always participated unless I was extremely lethargic. My senior year, I had undergone so much strain from the medication I was on, and the pressure everyone was putting on me to be more social, that I finished high school with a teacher at my house and was still able to graduate with all of my "friends" at the official graduation. I think that my learning style is much different than most poeple. I prefer a one on one teacher student ratio, where I can completely choose everything I need to learn and focus on, instead of learning prescribed nonsense I either, 1. Already know, 2. Don't care, and it's useless anyways, 3. Am so bored by the lack of attention I fall off the wagon and drop out due to lack of focus or initiative. I need to speak directly to the person who is teaching me with my own questions and I do not like to learn in a group. If I'm in a group environment I'm a better leader, teacher, organizer, or helper than I am student. But, I've been forced to work in groups my whole life, and can successfully do so for a limited period.

No comments:

Post a Comment